Award-winning and USA Today Bestselling author Dani Collins thrives on giving readers emotional, compelling, heart-soaring romance with laughter and heat thrown in, just like real life. While she is best known for writing contemporary romance for Harlequin Presents and Tule Publishing, she also writes historical and erotic romance. When she’s not writing—just kidding, she’s always writing. Dani lives in Southern BC, Canada with her high school sweetheart husband.
- Dani is the eldest of three girls. She's married to the youngest of three boys.
- In 2014, Dani achieved a life-long dream by quitting her day job (with much terror and her husband's blessing) and became a full-time romance author.
- Dani swam competitively as child. (Not for very long, and she wasn't that competitive, but she did make it to the BC Summer Games.)
- Dani wrote and submitted for twenty-five years before making her first sale.
- Dani lives in Canada and has two adult children with her high school sweetheart. They've been married thirty years.
- Publisher's Weekly gave Dani's first Historical Western, The Prospector's Only Prospect a starred review, calling it "a delightful twist on the mail order bride trope..."
- Dani's fiftieth Harlequin title, Wedding Night with the Wrong Billionaire, released Nov 1, 2022
- Dani's forty-fifth Harlequin, Manhattan's Most Scandalous Reunion, released September 1, 2021
- As of Dec 2020, Dani had written over sixty romances for publication. She averages between six and eight books a year, depending on the word count and complexity of the project.
- Dani's 40th Harlequin title, What the Greek's Wife Needs, hit the shelves January 1st, 2021.
Articles & Interviews
Dani was invited to join fellow Harlequin Presents authors Kali Anthony and Tara Pammi to help The Categorically Romance Podcast celebrate their 200th episode.
Listen in as hosts Aaron and Alicia quiz the authors on the authors who inspired them, talk about their current releases, and workshop some premises for potential Presents stories.
Aaron’s Reading Room
Dani’s conversation with Aaron from the Book Brood on Aaron’s Reading Room, August 29th 2022.
Dani speaks with Kini Allen, host of the popular Romance Romp Podcast about her love of romance, why she wrote a romance-writing heroine, and how much she adores super-grumpy heroes like Rolf in On the Edge.
Four years after posting about blog tour tips, Dani returns with her best advice on how to be successful in this evolving landscape called romance writing.
Nowadays, blog tours go hand-in-hand when you’ve got a new release, and Dani’s here to give us pointers on managing your sanity and your blog tour.
- Dani's Harlequin Presents, Bound by Their Nine-Month Scandal was a 2019 Reader's Choice Finalist.
- In 2013 Proof Of Their Sin won the Reviewer’s Choice Award from Romantic Times Magazine for Best First In Series.
- In 2008, Dani finaled in Mills and Boon's Instant Seduction contest, which led to her first sale in 2012.
- In 2005, Hustled To The Altar was a finalist in Romantic Times Magazine's American Title contest.
- In 2002, Hustled To The Altar was a Golden Heart finalist.